Lee Diamond – Religion or People?18 basic questions!
*Can a Jew be an atheist?
*Can that Atheist be counted in a minyan of Jews.
*Can an intermarried Jew be counted in an Orthodox minyan? A conservative minyan? A Reform or Reconstructionist minyan?
*Can an atheist Jew benefit from Israel’s “law of Return?”
*Can a atheist Jew become a Rabbi, a JCC director? A cantor?
* Can a non-Jew be a Rabbi, a JCC director or a cantor ?
*Can a patrilineal Jew raised as a Jew, educated as a Jew and believing as a Jew be counted as a Jew ? In the Reform, Conservative or Reconstructionist movement?
* Can a non-Jew be a member of a synagogue?
* Is there gradation of Jews based upon stream, observance and belief ?
* Can a Reform or Conservative or Reconstructionist convert (Jew by choice) marry a Jew?
* Can a Jew be Anti israel?
*Can a “BDSer or JVPer” be counted as a Jew?
* Can a Jew who converts to another religion
Be counted as a Jew?
* Is a “Jew for Jesus” still a Jew.
* Is a Jew who was not circumcised a Jew ?
*Is someone who claims to be a “JewBu” still considered to be a Jew ?
* Must one have a bar mitzvah to be a Jew?
* Are secular Israelis considered to be Jews ?