Watch Yom Hazikaron at OneFamily 2017
Deeply moving and heartfelt words, heartbreaking speeches from widows and bereaved brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers sharing the pain of loss and the hopes for recovery. OneFamily’s stirring Memorial Day ceremony brings victims together to mourn together and comfort one another.
OneFamily’s Memorial Day Ceremony
OneFamily’s annual Memorial Day ceremony was filled with moving speeches and heartfelt testimonies. To help you experience the emotions that spread from heart to heart all evening, from the siren to the singing of Hatikvah, we put the highlights together in a short video. .
This year’s speakers included:
- Yael Weissman – Widow of Tuvia Yania, killed in a stabbing attack on February 16, 2016 at a supermarket trying to save people from the terrorists.
- Reut Ya’alomi – Bereaved sister of Netanel, killed when terrorists opened fire on IDF soldiers along the Israel-Egypt border on September 21, 2012.
- Tzachi Krigman – Bereaved father of Shiomit, stabbed to death in Beit Horon on January 25, 2016.
- Malcha Kalangel – Bereaved mother of Yochai, an IDF soldier killed in an ambush near the Lebanon border on January 28, 2015.
- Ofir Sha’er – Bereaved father of Gilad, who was kidnapped and killed alongside Eyal Yifrah and Naftali Frenkel on June 12, 2014.
- Liel Rubel – Bereaved brother of Bnaya Rubel, killed by a terrorist who infiltrated a tunnel in Israel from Gaza on the second day of Operation Protective Edge on July 19, 2014
- Ido Ya’ori – Bereaved brother of Amit Yeori, killed in Operation Protective Edge on July 25, 2014.
The ceremony began as a memorial for the children in the OneFamily youth division, but grew in recent years to include the entire family of OneFamily.
Just as Israel moves from the darkness of Memorial Day to the freedom of Independence Day, OneFamily helps families overcome the despair of terror and return to the joy of independence.
Thank you for your earnest care and concern for victims of terror throughout the year.